Thursday, 12 September 2013

Mini Beauty Haul

 Hello loves! So I decided to add some basic items to my makeup collection.
 I've heard so much about Urban Decay and for my first shadow palette I got Naked 2. This palette has many natural shades with shimmery and matte finishes and I thought it was perfect for makeup newbies like myself . I could definitely do a simple everyday look to a more glamorous night look with this palette. 
         
    Here are all the shades and their cute names.
 The Palette came with a two sided synthetic fiber brush , one side for blending and the other for applying.

 
The other product I got was a BB cream by Garnier Fructis in the shade deep. I find this perfect for everyday coverage especially if you attend High School or University like me and you want a very natural and modest look. Also it was refreshing to finally find a BB cream that matches my skin tone perfectly and who's "deep" wasn't too light. 
                
The only problem I find with this product is that it's not as moisturizing as I hoped it would be and primarily functions as a sunblock (SPF 20) so I just pair it with my moisturizer and I'm good to go. 
    
Every girl needs an eyelid primer! Before I got this one by Elf I used my MAC concealer .
 
 Honestly I'm still getting the hang of this but from what I can tell so far it's an ok primer. The consistency is clumpy and I definitely have to use the applicator to smooth it out on my lid. But it does help to show up the true colour of the eyeshadow and delays creasing .Finally , I was looking for a nude/ natural lip colour for darker skin tones and I found "Show Me" lipglass by MAC.
 I absolutely adore this product an will definitely repurchase when it's finished .
 That's it for the review on my recent beauty purchases.

Also Happy Fashion Week,
Adrienne Justine 

3 comments:

  1. i got the naked 2 pallette recently myself but am still unsure how i feel about it.
    some of the shadows are a bit too shimmery for me.
    i'd love to get your reviews on it!

    :)
    vanessa
    grace-and-gratitude.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like the Naked 2 palette? I was thinking about buying it but afraid some of the shades wont show up on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok , I wouldn't say amazing but most of the gold based shades show up on my skin tone. My favorite shade is half baked. I still use this palette a lot and have had make up artists do gorgeous looks with it on me.

      Delete